We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – [SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands, 662-289-7473]
Fire Damage Tips
A fire can cause damage to thing you may not even see or think! It can be a dangerous situation after all flames have been put out.
After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands at (662) 289-7473
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
The Fire Restoration Process
Fire damage is probably the last thing on your mind, but you may want to move it up on your list of priorities; preparation is the key. The first 48 hours after a fire often makes the difference between ‘restoring’ vs. ‘replacing’ your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands provides a timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal, to content claims inventory and document restoration.
Here is a timeline to help ease your mind of what should be done before and after SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands arrives:
Within one hour from notice of loss, a SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands professional will contact you to arrange for service.
Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands technician will be onsite to start mitigation services.
A trained and uniformed SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands employee will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
A SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands employee will begin pretesting for restoration, working from the source of the damage outward.
Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope is communicated to the appropriate person.
Cleaning, Restoration, & Deodorization
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property. We then use state-of-the-art restoration techniques to make it “Like it never even happened.”
After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction. SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands responds quickly, offering a full line of fire cleanup and restoration services to help you return home as soon as possible. Before risking further damage by attempting to clean up the damage on your own, call the fire damage clean up and restoration professionals. Call us, (662)289-7473
Can My Carpet Be Saved After a Flood?
After a flood, many homeowners and property managers wonder if their carpet and pad can be saved. The answer is, it depends. Factors such as the age and quality of the carpet and pad, as well as the type of installation used, have to be taken into consideration. However, the type of floodwater that caused the damage is most important when determining whether or not carpet and padding can be salvaged.
There are 3 floodwater categories that determine whether the carpet and padding can be restored to their pre-disaster condition:
- Category 1 (clean water): non-contaminated water that may come from a broken pipe, sink, etc. After the water has been extracted, carpets and pads can be dried and restored in place.
- Category 2 (gray water): dirty water that has been released by sump pumps, washing machines, dishwashers, etc. The carpet can usually be restored if it has been wet for less than 48 hours. The pad is replaced in most cases.
- Category 3 (black water): water containing dangerous contaminants that may originate from sewage and toilet backflows as well as from floods caused by natural disasters. To protect your family’s health, carpets and pads should be removed, discarded and replaced.
Since every water damage situation is different, you cannot know for sure if or when your carpet and pad can be salvaged until you have a professional restoration company inspect the situation.
The faster you report the disaster, the lower the costs will be. If you’re dealing with a flooding problem, contact SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands today to speak to a Mitigation Specialist at 662-289-7473.
Floods are one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States.
There is always potential for flood damage no matter where you live. According to the American Red Cross floods cause more damage in the United States every year than any other weather related disaster. The American Red Cross offers these flood safety tips:
-Stay away from floodwaters. If you come up on a flowing stream where water is above your ankles, stop, turn around and go another way. Six inches of swiftly moving water can sweep you off of your feet.
-If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around and go another way. If you are caught on a flooded road and waters are riding rapidly around you, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
-Keep children out of the water. They are curious and often lack judgment about running water or contaminated water.
If a flood occurs and affects you, call SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands. Even minor floods have potential to cause major damage. We are faster to ANY size disaster. Let us help you get your life back in order.
Water Damages are More Damaging by the Minute!
Call us at SERVPRO of NEDL immediately if you have water damage at your home or business. Every second counts!
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (662) 289-7473
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands:
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Science of Drying
The knowledge of psychometrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. Your initial reaction will be to grab towels and a mop to clean up the water, maybe even a fan or two. Our professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages. SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands will inspect to detect everything that is wet, measure how much moisture is in the wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly and also speed up the process by using professional drying equipment.
We use the latest technology and tools; The SERVPRO DryBook allows us to capture and track the steps of a restoration project according to industry best practices and standards. This will ensure that your restoration is done properly and efficiently as well as improving results and restoring your property faster!
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands is an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property
What are those Noisy Water Pipes Saying?
What is that noise?!
We all know the noises our home makes. That cracking when it is quiet, the sound of someone walking around in the attic or the quiet drip of the shower even hours after it has been used. Our homes all have a set of familiar noises! However, not all those sounds can be good for your home or your wallet! Especially, the sounds coming from your water pipes may be a warning. While a whistling faucet may simply require a new washer to quiet down, if you have a hissing, whistling sound in multiple fixtures and a hammering noise coming from your pipes, you could be headed for a pipe break! Residential water pressure is usually around 80 psi, but sometimes municipalities have to increase pressure for nearby non-residential facilities. When this happens in the your area the increased water pressure can damage your home’s plumbing. In addition to the irritation of noisy pipes, high water pressure can:
- Erode pipes
- Reduce life expectancy of fixtures
- Increase water bills
- Result in leaks
- Cause a pipe burst
What’s Causing the Noises?
As a large amount of water is forced through fixture openings designed to handle a lower flow, it makes a whistling sound, just like forcing a large amount of air through pursed lips causes a whistling sound. When water suddenly stops flowing through pipes, the momentum causes it to slam around inside the pipe, which causes a clanging or banging sound. Your plumbing has built-in air chambers to prevent this from happening, but when water pressure is higher than normal, the chambers aren’t enough to prevent the hammering sound. The longer you wait to address high water pressure in your home, the more likely it is to cause a pipe break.
What To Do About High Pressure
If you suspect your water pressure is too high, call a plumber in your area to test the pressure for you. A device called a pressure regulating valve, or PRV can be installed to control the water pressure inside your home. Hiring a professional to prevent a pipe break is far preferable to hiring one to fix a broken pipe inside your walls. SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands wants you to catch an emergency before they occur but if one happens before you can stop it, know that we are ready to help you at a moment’s notice. Our team of highly trained technicians will assess the damages and take the necessary steps to ensure this emergency feels "Like it never even happened." Call us at (662)289-7473
Call SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands for your Commercial Spring Cleaning Needs Today!
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands loves spring cleaning!
You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office. When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you should call SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands for prompt service. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on us to make your workspace look its very best.
Have Questions? Call Today – (662) 289-7473
Specialty Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning air ducts and HVAC to removing biohazard contaminants. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following: