What do I do??
One of the most common questions during a water damage is “what do I need to do until help arrives?” Here a few Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to water damage.
- Contact your local restoration company as soon as possible
- Remove as much excess water as possible by shop vacuum, mopping or blotting
- Wipe excess water from around wood furniture after removal of lamps and table top items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery items such as cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- In the summer, turn on HVAC unit to maximize drying
- Remove colored rugs from wall to wall carpeting areas to minimize staining
- Pick up loose items, such as toys and clothes, to allow maximum air to reach the wet areas
- Leave fabrics wet in place, dry them as soon as possible
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet floors
- Use your household vacuum to remove water
- Use TV’s or other household appliances while standing on wet floors
- Turn on ceiling fans to help with drying if the ceiling has been wet
- Keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water
Our Christmas Sleigh
Christmas is always a fun time of year for our staff and communities. SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands is ready for the holidays and was more than happy to participate in the Kosciusko Christmas Parade and the Carthage Christmas parade. Our staff worked hard on decorating our new Fire/water wrap truck with a Lighted Christmas tree, lighted wreaths, Santa hats and more. The high top van in Carthage was a big hit with the children and our staff had a great time getting everything ready. We love to show our Christmas Spirit and support our local Chamber of Commerces, Main Streets and Development organizations. Everyone in our SERVPRO family would like to wish everyone in your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
KHS Honor Roll Luncheon
Proud of our Students.
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Land sponsored the Honor Roll Luncheon for Kosciusko High School. All "A" and "B" honor roll students get an afternoon of fun and food for their accomplishments. We had a blast with them and a "BIG" thank you to Big Daddy for grilling.
Running a business can be a challenge, but the best way to make an impact with your business is to first make an impact in the community you serve.
To make your business vital to your town, try these seven ways of getting involved:
1)Serve on a Community Board, 2)Volunteer, 3)Build Partnerships, 4)Donate, 5)Participate in Community Events, 6)Plan and Host Events, 7)Promotions Giveaways and Contests.
Following these seven tips will lead your business in the direction of being valuable and relevant to your community. And when you are able to demonstrates these values publicly (whether it’s offline or online), the benefits are clear.
Trick or Treat on the Square
Safety Parade on Court Square
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Land participated in the Safety Parade on our Court Square. We were represented with our Hometown Heroes, Stormy and Blaze, who were on hand to help hand out candy, coloring sheets and informative information about fire safety. This event is a wonderful addition to our downtown in the fall of the year. It's a safe environment for our community children to "Trick or Treat", learn from the interactive booths set up and play lots of games. This event is hosted by our local MainsStreet, downtown merchants and the City of Kosciusko. The children had a great time and so did we. Below are safety tips:
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to
the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
Northeast Delta Land gets new Truck
Fire and Water its what we do.
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Land and Columbus/Starkville gets new management truck. Everyone can start looking for the Fire/Water vehicle coming down the road. You will see the fire coming as you meet it on the road and the water in your rear view mirror. It is the perfect wrap to represent the Fire and Water restoration our company is doing. We are an IICRC certified company and follow all standards set forth as such, with trained staff who care about our clients. Our company is locally owned and operated. We hope disasters don't happen but if they do, we are here to help. When you see the new fire/water vehicle you know help is own the way. You can always count on SERVPRO.
Veterans from the Kosciusko Facility enjoying a day of tailgating.
SERVPRO of Northeast Delta Lands brings football to our local Veterans Home. Tents, football players, cheerleaders and band are all onsite to help the Hero's of our country celebrate. On October 14, 2016 we had our 2nd annual VA Tailgating. Everyone had a great time.